I have written in the past about Openbravo Forge, Openbravo's collaborative development environment, and now I'm pleased to announce the launch of Openbravo Exchange--the place to go for information about extension modules that are "ready for prime time". If the Forge is the sausage factory, then the Exchange is the delicatessen, featuring a series of "ready-to-use" software packages that are catalogued and described with the end user in mind. :)
Here are the top things to know about Openbravo Exchange:
- Openbravo business partners now have an official, high-profile web site they can leverage to promote and monetize their Openbravo commercial extension modules and templates
- All business partners are allowed evaluation-only access to all Exchange modules (so they can sell them on the author's behalf, and get a sales commission of course)
- As an author, you don't have to worry about invoicing and collecting money--we do that, and you collect periodic author royalty payments!
- Good zero-cost open source modules from anyone are also welcome, of course (nice way to get your name out there)
- We are starting with a self-certification model, here are the certification criteria
- You ain't seen nothin' yet! (this is just version 1.0, stay tuned for a more dynamic Exchange with reviews, ratings, etc.)